Monday 26 March 2012

4. How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

I used many types of media technologies constantly in my coursework, throughout the research, planning, construction and evaluation stages. Some of these include:

Panasonic HDC-SD900 video camera
Video editing software iMovie
Macbook Pro
Microsoft Publisher 2010

Question 4 Media Technologies

I used blogging site 'Blogger' to upload and present all of my work onto my blog rachelashby14.blogspot.com

Strengths:

Blogger has the ability to embed videos, slideshows and documents through the use of HTML codes. This helped me to upload the documents I produced in their original form which meant they were presented in the most logical way, with creative presentation being kept in mind.

Using blogger meant that collecting target market feedback was a relatively easy thing to do. I was able to distribute my blog address, through social networks, after embedding my surveys and images onto blog posts. It was a very efficient way to instantly gain target market feedback.
If I were to create a paper hard copy of my blog and my work there would be no way I could include the audio and visual elements that I have used within Blogger. Creating a blog meant that I could embed many visual elements which would aid the analysis and the ideas I was trying to put across.

Using blogger was very effective as we were working in a group. All three team members could easily access each other’s blogs and this meant there was little time constraints we needed to adhere to. We didn’t have to be with each other to produce group work.

The blog is accessible at sixth from, at home and on my phone therefore I was able to do work from everywhere and when it was suitable for me.

The tabs I were able to add to the top of my blog meant that all the posts could be posted and grouped. This meant that the posts were in a logical order and that it was easy to navigate around my blog.

Using a blog meant that my work was always secure and safely stored. Paper copies of my work could easily be lost or damaged.

Weaknesses:

At the beginning of the course I had never used this site or maintained a blog like this. I had to learn everything along the way as I produced my work.
The formatting of the blog page (widths of videos and page size) had to be altered a lot to ensure everything fitted correctly and fully, this took some time to make the blog the best presented it could be.

Using an online blog meant that I had to rely on the Internet to upload my work. If the Internet connection became lost during the upload I was at risk of losing some of the work. I had to ensure that I product any text on a word document and saved it elsewhere before copying and pasting it on to the blog post online. This took up unnecessary time.

The blog was not very effective in displaying images in particular. It was very temperamental in how images could be put next to large blocks of texts and in line with others. This was an essential element if I wanted to add images alongside analysis. I was eventually happy with the placement of images etc. and felt all blog posts were clear and ordered for anyone who visited my blog. However this did take some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment