Monday 5 March 2012

Poster- Audience Feedback

Focus group

To gain feedback on the draft on my poster I organised a focus group made up of my target audience. This would help me find out what they thought about it and lead me into further developments of the poster.

What worked well?

- I like how the different characters look in different directions. This shows you the different relationships between them, their facial expressions show what they think about each other.
- I like the design on the logo. It looks really realistic and stands out well on the page. The large logo makes it clear that the television soap is set in a school.

- The white background keeps the poster really bright and fresh. It makes it look clean and you don't feel like the page is cluttered. You can see everything really clearly.
- I like how the characters are looking at each other also. You can tell the connection between them and from this you can start to guess at what storylines will be shown in the soap. I can already gage that there is some sort of love triangle going on due to the three characters on the top row.

What do you think didn't work so well? How do you think it could be improved?

-I don't like how the pictures cut off on a straight line. It looks really sudden. If the pictures had a frame or an outline it would look less sharp and finish the poster off better.

- The pictures look like they are floating randomly. Although you can tell they are on a grid they would look better with some sort of lines between them to partition them off neater.

- I don't like the thick white outline of the text. It makes it look quite childish and goes against the older teen feel about the rest of the poster.

- The picture of Zac in the top right corner is smaller than the others. His head doesn't reach the same height as the other two characters, it makes him look smaller and doesn't match up right.

No comments:

Post a Comment